Blockchain as an anti-monopoly platform

I recently read NYT’s ‘Beyond the Bitcoin Bubble’ which is a great article.

One of the things that struck me while reading was how destabilizing blockchain could end up being to centralized platforms like Dropbox, AWS, Uber, Twitter, etc. One concerning thing about token economics is that the investment also has a negative impact on its usage (because you won’t want to spend your Filecoin if you think it’s going to go up in value) which distorts the price - what’s the answer?

I am sure that the appearance of bitcoin and the other coins is the best thing that has happen to the financial world since the invention of the paper money.
They have real value, can’t be controlled by a single or central entity and are really cheap to transfer.
In that scenario Bitcoin became a victim of its own success: now it is really expensive to transfer and is valued much more as an investment that as a “medium of exchange” or “store of value”. It is really successful only as a “unit of account”: as you know most coin exchanges have more trading pairs in BTC than in USDT.
The crypto currencies will have the same healing effect on the government-controlled fiat currencies as the Linux operating system had on Microsoft Windows.
Linux could not overtake Windows but it made Microsoft improve greatly Windows so that not to lose its practical monopoly. Linux was the reason why Microsoft cut Windows prices: I bought my last Windows 7 for like $40 which was impossible 10-15 years ago.
In the same manner Bitcoin will make the central banks and the governments controlling them to think twice when emitting newer debts that only favor the minority for the sake of the majority or when they have to print money to finance another useless war… You get the idea :slight_smile: